The Abrasive Wheels training course is designed to instruct employees in the theory, practice and safe use of Abrasive Wheels in the workplace, to comply with the "Abrasive Wheels Regulations 1982" (SI 30/1982).
This training course is a legal requirement for all those who are involved in the purchase & selection, storage & handling, mounting, dressing and use of abrasive wheels.
Training delivered onsite at your company's premises
- 4 hour course
- Max 10 participants
- Certification valid for 3 years
Who should do this course?
All employees involved in the purchase & selection, storage & handling, mounting, dressing and use of abrasive wheels.
This includes either fixed (eg bench grinders or polishers) or portable (eg angle grinders) abrasive wheels.
Enquire about onsite company training
Aims & Objectives
On completion of this Abrasive Wheels course participants will be able to:
- Safely store and identify abrasive wheels
- Select the appropriate wheel use
- Inspect and recognise damaged wheels
- Mount an abrasive wheel
- Understand the hazards and risks involved
- Understand the abrasive wheels regulations
- Identify the hazards when working with abrasive wheels
- Select the correct wheel for each job
- Inspect & test abrasive wheels
- Understand guarding of grinding and cutting operations
- Understand functions of components, flanges, blotters etc
- Understand the difference between grinding and cutting operations
Course participants are assessed by a theory and practical test.
Course attendance certification is awarded to participants on successful completion of course.