Manual Handling Injuries are the largest single cause of accidents within the workplace in Ireland. To comply with the 2007 Manual Handling Regulations, staff engaged in manual handling must be trained in the safe handling of loads.
This People & Patient Handling Training Course will train your staff to carry out manual handling tasks correctly and therefore avoid back injuries. By providing People/Patient Handling training for your staff you are complying with Health and Safety regulations and helping to prevent injuries in the workplace.
Training delivered onsite at your company's premises
- 1 day course
- Max 12 participants
- Certification valid for 3 years
- Refresher courses available
Who should do this course?
- Employees who assist with the movements of patients with injury or decreased mobility
- Carers, First Aiders, Healthcare Workers, people working in Nursing Homes, Hospitals and Respite Centres
Enquire about onsite company training
Aims & Objectives
On completion of this Patient Handling course participants will be able to:
- Recognise a load which is too heavy or awkward
- Conduct a patient handling risk assessment
- Lift and handle patients safely
- Dangers of careless and unskilled lifting methods
- Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment
- Principles of levers and laws of motion
- Anatomy of the spine and muscular system
- How the body is harmed through incorrect patient handling techniques
- Importance of physical fitness
- Personal protective equipment
- Normal patient movement
- Patient handling aids and techniques
Certification will be provided on successful completion of this Manual Handling training course. Certification is valid for 3 years.