Manual Handling Injuries are the largest single cause of accidents within the workplace in Ireland. To comply with the 2007 Manual Handling Regulations, staff engaged in manual handling must be trained in the safe handling of loads.
This People & Patient Handling Training Course will train your staff to carry out manual handling tasks correctly and therefore avoid back injuries. By providing People/Patient Handling training for your staff you are complying with Health and Safety regulations and helping to prevent injuries in the workplace.
Training delivered onsite at your company's premises
- 1 day course
- Up to 12 participants
- Valid for 3 years
- Refresher training available
ENQUIRE ABOUT PEOPLE & PATIENT HANDLING
Fill in the form and we will contact you back. Fields marked * are required.
Patient Handling Training Course
On completion of this Patient Handling course participants will be able to:
- Recognise a load which is too heavy or awkward
- Conduct a patient handling risk assessment
- Lift and handle patients safely
Certification will be provided on successful completion of this People & Patient Handling training course. Certification is valid for 3 years.
All our instructors are fully qualified Patient Handling Instructors, having achieved Level 6 in the National Framework of Qualifications (QQI). All course instructors hold a minimum of Train the Trainer qualification.
- Dangers of careless and unskilled lifting methods
- Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment
- Principles of levers and laws of motion
- Anatomy of the spine and muscular system
- How the body is harmed through incorrect patient handling techniques
- Importance of physical fitness
- Personal protective equipment
- Normal patient movement
- Patient handling aids and techniques