Employers are legally required to prepare an Emergency Plan which outlines how the workplace will be evacuated in the event of a fire outbreak.
Fire Wardens/Marshals are designated the responsibility of executing this plan in an emergency situation. This course aims to ensure that Fire Wardens/Marshals are aware of their responsibilities including arranging fire drills effectively. It also details the steps involved in developing an Emergency Plan which is specific to your premises.
Training delivered onsite at your company's premises
- 5h course
- Up to 12 participants
- Valid for 2 years
- Refresher training available
ENQUIRE ABOUT FIRE WARDEN TRAINING
Fill in the form and we will contact you back. Fields marked * are required.
Fire Warden/Marshal Training
On completion of the Fire Warden training course participants will be able to:
- List and understand their duties as Fire Wardens/Marshals
- Describe the chemistry of fire
- Identify fire hazards in the workplace
- Manage and control fire evacuation procedures and drills
- Select and use the appropriate fire fighting equipment to deal with an undeveloped fire
- Monitor fire controls
Certification will be provided on successful completion of this Fire Warden training course. Certification is valid for 2 years.
- The mechanics of fire, smoke and dangerous gases
- Fire extinguishers, hose reel equipment and fire suppressants
- Incidents involving flammable liquids and gases
- Storage of flammable liquids and gases
- Common fire safety hazards
- Means of escape
- Duties of the fire wardens/marshals in emergency
- Hazard spotting and elimination of bad practices
- Methods of Evacuation
- Basic fire prevention