On completion of this FAR Course participants will be able to provide necessary first aid within the workplace and at home, deal with emergencies and implement essential life saving skills (apply CPR and use Automated External Defibrillator) as required by the Safety, Health & Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007.
Successful candidates will be awarded the PHECC certificate.
Training delivered onsite at your company's premises
- 3 day course
- Up to 8 participants
- PHECC certification valid for 2 years
- Refresher training available
Who should do this course?
This course is ideal for those with no previous experience who want to:
- Provide First Aid in the workplace
- Learn how to deal with emergencies and implement essential life saving skills
- Undertake cardiac first responder training in external defibrillators (AED)
- Qualify as a First Aid Responder
ENQUIRE ABOUT FIRST AID RESPONDER COURSE
Fill in the form and we will contact you back. Fields marked * are required.
First Aid Responder Training
This is an intensive 3 day course.
- Responsibilities of a first aid giver
- Diagnosis and principles of treatment
- The Nervous System
- Head Injuries
- Shock - Fainting
- Patient Approach
- Examination of Casualty
- Recovery Position
- Asphyxia and its causes
- Cardio-pulmonary resuscitation practical - CPR, AED Defibrillator
- Treatment of foreign bodies
- Examination of the eye
- Burns and Scalds
- Corrosive injuries
- Chemical splashes
- Blood and the circulation system
- Wounds and bleeding
- Control of bleeding
- Dressings and bandages
- Fractures - causes, types, signs and symptoms
- Sprains, strains and dislocation
- Crush injuries
- General rules for treatment
- Handling and transport, including improvisation
- Dressing and bandaging fractures
- Epilepsy, Asthma and Diabetes
- Emergency First Aid Kits - contents
- Revision - practical, any requested subject
- Examination - written test, practical incident scenario and CPR test
This is a highly interactive course with emphasis on practice and demonstration. Assessment is by written test and practical skills exam.
- Basic life savings skills (CPR) - 40%
- Skills demonstration (x2) - 40%
- Examination (short answer question) - 20%
A First Aid Responder certificate is awarded to participants on successful completion of this course. This certification is valid for 2 years and can be renewed on completion of a one-day refresher course.
Refresher Training / Certification Validity Period
First Aid Responder certificate is valid for 2 years and can be renewed on completion of a 1 day refresher course.