The Basic Fire Safety Awareness Training Course is designed to raise awareness of fire hazards in the workplace and how to respond in the event of a fire emergency, including selecting and using the correct fire extinguisher depending on the type of fire.
This course has been designed to meet the requirements of both the 1981 Fire Services Act and Regulation 9 of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005.
This course will be delivered at your premises and tailored specifically to your work practices/procedures.
Training delivered onsite at your company's premises
- Course duration: 2.5 hours approx
- Up to 12 participants
- Tailored to your work practices
- Certification valid for 2 years
- No extra cost for extinguishers used in training
Who should do this course?
ALL employees should undergo training to increase their awareness of Fire Safety.
Fire Safety Services
SafeHands also provides comprehensive Fire Safety services:
ENQUIRE ABOUT FIRE SAFETY AWARENESS TRAINING
Fill in the form and we will contact you back. Fields marked * are required.
Basic Fire Safety Awareness Training
On completion of the Fire Safety Awareness course participants will be able to:
- Describe the chemistry of fire
- Identify fire hazards in the workplace
- Follow evacuation procedures
- Select and use appropriate fire fighting equipment
- Be aware of Fire Safety legislation
- Understand the physics and chemistry of fire
- Understand development and spread of fire
- Know what action is required in the event of fire
- Know how to raise the alarm
- Know how to call the fire brigade
- Know what action to take on hearing the fire alarm
- Understand evacuation procedures
- Know how to use a fire extinguisher
- Each course participant will partake in a practical demonstration in the use of a fire extinguisher