Covid-19 Related information for Food Businesses
If you are changing your restaurant business to a takeaway business due to current Covid-19 restrictions, we can provide your business with:
- A site-specific written policy/procedure for your reopening as a takeaway
- A medical questionnaire for all staff before they start back to work
- How to social distance in all areas of the operation
- The correct use of PPE relating to Covid-19
- The taking of orders & the information required by customers for collection of same
- The collection process
- Personal hygiene procedures especially frequency of hand washing & sanitising of hands and the things not to do
- Cleaning and sanitising of equipment at regular intervals
- A flow diagram
All food businesses are obliged by law to put into place a HACCP Food Safety Management System to comply with current Food Safety Legislation in Ireland. They are also obliged to ensure that all staff/food handlers have received HACCP Food Hygiene training commensurate with their duties.
The FSAI (Food Safety Authority Ireland) and the Health Service Executive (HSE) are charged with the enforcement of Food Safety legislation and it's inspectorate has far reaching powers. The task of enforcement is shared with local city/county councils, the Dept of Agriculture Food & the Marine, the Marine Institute and the Sea Fisheries Protection Authority.
- HACCP Training
- Food Safety & HACCP Management Systems
- Compliance with Food Legislation
- New Food Allergen legislation
- Ongoing Support
In 2016, Health Enforcement Officers served 94 Closure Orders FOR BREACHES OF FOOD SAFETY LEGISLATION in Ireland.
SafeHands can Help your Food Business
With a Fast Cost-Efficient Service
With the maze of Food Safety legislation which is constantly changing and being updated, it's no surprise that many Food Businesses need advice on how to achieve Food Safety compliance.
SafeHands will make this process simple, non-intrusive & cost-effective to ensure your peace of mind should you have a visit from an Environmental Health Officer. We will also help to ensure best practice regarding your duty of care to your customers and staff.
We Can Call You Back
for a no-obligation chat about your requirements
HACCP Food Safety Management System
Every Food business in Ireland should have a HACCP Food Safety Management System in place to ensure the safety of their customers and staff.
SafeHands can design and implement this system specifically for your food processes. We will also train your staff and management in food safety and how the HACCP Food Safety Management System works, including record keeping and Food Safety compliance.
Have your staff been trained and certified in Food Safety in the past three years?
Food Safety Training should be refreshed/repeated at least every three years.
SafeHands can deliver these training courses in-house at your company premises at a very reasonable cost.