Operating a forklift truck is a specialised skill. Many accidents are caused by untrained drivers operating trucks without formal training by a qualified instructor. Also most insurance companies insist that forklift drivers should be formally trained and certified.
This course is designed for experienced forklift operators who do not hold a certificate.
Training delivered onsite at your company's premises
- 1-2 day course, depending on experience
- Maximum 3 participants per course
- Certification valid for 3 years
Who should do this course?
- Experienced fork lift drivers who have never been formally trained or do not hold a recognized certificate
- A 3 year certificate is awarded to participants who achieve the required standard in the theoretical and practical tests.
Enquire about onsite company training
On completion of the Experienced Fork Lift Driver Training course participants will be able to:
- Operate a fork lift truck safely, reducing the risk of injury to operators and pedestrians
- Use safe operating habits
- Explain the consequences of taking certain risks while operating a forklift truck
- Load and unload safely
- Refuel/recharge fork lift trucks safely
- Handle awkward loads
- Operators safety code
- Daily inspections of vehicle
- Hydraulic systems
- Operating practices
- Video on safe fork lift operation
- Introduction to the forklift truck
- Controls and instruments
- Daily inspection and maintenance
- Starting, stopping and steering
- Simple corners and manoeuvring
- Handling pallets
- Manoeuvring in confined space
- Skills test